Keto Tex-Mex Ground Beef Taco Casserole
This keto Tex-Mex Ground Beef Taco Casserole recipe is a perfect Mexican dish to add to your regular offerings! Anyone who enjoys Latin American, Mexican, Beef, Ground Beef, Comfort Foods is going to absolutely love this low-carb Tex-Mex Ground Beef Taco Casserole variation. Providing 6 servings, it's bursting with flavor and certain to leave even the pickiest eaters in your house satisfied and wanting more of this amazing Mexican dish! If you like this keto Tex-Mex Ground Beef Taco Casserole recipe, create an account and add it to your favorites; or better yet, share it with others via the social links above!
Need to hit that tex-mex craving but don't want to blow your daily carb count? Check out this amazing Keto Tex-Mex Ground Beef Taco Casserole recipe that uses riced cauliflower for a low-carb great tasting alternative! It's so good the whole family will enjoy it!
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Keto Tex-Mex Ground Beef Taco Casserole Recipe Ingredients
- cooking spray
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound frozen riced cauliflower, thawed and drained
- 1 ½ cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
Keto Tex-Mex Ground Beef Taco Casserole Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper until spices are distributed evenly. Cook until fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs and cream in a bowl; add to the meat mixture. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish and pat down evenly.
- Wipe the skillet clean, add olive oil, and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon each chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomato paste and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in 1 cup Cheddar cheese, and spread on top of meat in the baking dish, smoothing with a spatula to flatten the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar over the top and bake until the cheese has melted about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Leave a review or comment