Keto Skillet Smoked Mozzarella Chicken
This keto Skillet Smoked Mozzarella Chicken recipe is a perfect Italian dish to add to your regular offerings! Anyone who enjoys Chicken, mozzarella is going to absolutely love this low-carb Skillet Smoked Mozzarella Chicken variation. Providing 4 servings, it's bursting with flavor and certain to leave even the pickiest eaters in your house satisfied and wanting more of this amazing Italian dish! If you like this recipe, create an account and add it to your favorites; or better yet, share it with others via the social links above!
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package smoked mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Cover your work area with waxed paper then place your chicken breast down. Pound each breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness. This even thickness helps the chicken cook more evenly. Sprinkle both sides with oregano, onion powder, and salt.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for about 4 on each side. Add sliced mozzarella on top of each piece of chicken. Cover the skillet and cook until cheese has melted and chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 2 to 3 minutes longer. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove from the skillet and allow to cool for 1 minute before serving.