This keto Biscotti recipe is a perfect Italian dish to add to your regular offerings! Anyone who enjoys Bread, Biscotti, Egg, Eggs, Butter, Almond flour is going to absolutely love this low-carb Biscotti variation. Providing 20 servings, it's bursting with flavor and certain to leave even the pickiest eaters in your house satisfied and wanting more of this amazing Italian dish! If you like this keto Biscotti recipe, create an account and add it to your favorites; or better yet, share it with others via the social links above!
Keto Biscotti - A Deliciously Satisfying Treat!
If you're on the keto diet and looking for delicious treats, this recipe makes some of the best Keto Almond Biscotti! The author describes it if you're unfamiliar with it: Keto biscotti is a great low-carb snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth without all the carbs found in traditional biscotti. The addition of almonds gives this keto biscotti recipe an added crunch and flavor not found in most low-carb cookies and desserts. The main ingredients include almond flour, eggs, heavy cream, baking powder, butter, and sea salt.
The Origin of the Keto Biscotti Recipe
I created my Keto almond biscotti recipe out of sheer necessity. I have been a Type I diabetic for over 20 years and have always worked hard to be as healthy as possible. My main form of exercise is cycling. When I was having my insulin pump removed to switch over to an artificial pancreas (which will be covered in another post), eating carbs became impossible without knowing my glucose levels beforehand. It wasn't too bad at first, but it took a toll on me after eight weeks. One day, while wandering around Target, I looked at new recipes online and saw keto biscotti recipes and decided that would be a great treat for me to enjoy in between meals during race season.
What You Need To Get Started
All you need to get started with Keto Almond Biscotti is a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time. The elements include butter, egg, almond flour, vanilla extract, baking powder, and erythritol. And you'll also need two cookie sheets (one for baking and one for cooling), parchment paper, and an oven. Here's what to do
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Keto Biscotti Recipe Ingredients
- 3 large Eggs
- 9 ounces Almond Flour
- 1 cup Almonds whole, skin on
- ½ cup Erythritol
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
Keto Biscotti Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 355°F. Set aside a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, almonds, erythritol, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in a mixing dish. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix the eggs, butter, and vanilla until a sticky dough forms.
- Form the dough into a 2.5cm 1inch thick rectangle.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until gently browned and firm.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Use parchment paper to line a fresh cookie sheet.
- Carefully slice the bread into thin pieces, about 20 slices total. If your loaf is disintegrating, it may be too warm; chill for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Place the slices on the cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
- Allow for thorough cooling before serving.
Leave a review or comment