This keto Chaffle recipe is a perfect American dish to add to your regular offerings! Anyone who enjoys Dash Mini Waffle Maker, Egg, Eggs, Almond flour is going to absolutely love this low-carb Chaffle variation. Providing 2 servings, it's bursting with flavor and certain to leave even the pickiest eaters in your house satisfied and wanting more of this amazing American dish! If you like this keto Chaffle recipe, create an account and add it to your favorites; or better yet, share it with others via the social links above!
The motive to relish ketogenic waffles created keto chaffles! Hence, the keto chaffle recipes are low carb, sugar-free, and high in fat.
The primary chaffle keto recipe included half a cup of shredded cheese and an egg, and it lacked body and turned out to have an eggy taste. Therefore, adding more ingredients gave it a familiar waffle-like texture and enhanced the overall flavor.
Check out the super easy keto chaffle recipe you can prepare any day! It's delicious, contains minimal ingredients, and is ready within minutes.
Let's look at the ingredients necessary for the keto chaffle recipe. You can avail of them conveniently at your nearby store or purchase them online.
• Egg: The protein-packed large egg functions as a binding agent, and it also adds to the taste and gives the chaffle its fluffy texture.
• Cheese: Mozarella is most commonly used in chaffles for its neutral taste and quick melting feature and offers a salty sticky chewiness. Other keto-friendly cheeses that melt quickly include cheddar, pepper jack, young gouda, and Monterey.
• Almond Flour: The low-carb mild almond flour incorporates a nutty sweetness, giving the chaffle a bread-like texture.
• Baking powder: This leavening agent helps the chaffle rise. Always use fresh baking powder for the best results.
Keto Chaffle Recipe Ingredient Substitutions
Almond flour can be substituted with two teaspoons of coconut flour. After preparing the chaffle batter, let it sit for 5-6 minutes before cooking, and this will allow the coconut to absorb nicely and yield a dense, nutty yummy chaffle.
Those who want to reduce the eggy taste can skip the yolk. Instead, prepare the chaffle recipe keto mix with 1½ egg whites.
To incorporate a chewy texture, use half a teaspoon of psyllium husk powder. It is derived from the husk of the seeds found in the plant called Plantago ovata. This gluten-free, no-sugar, low-carb powder is both keto and vegan friendly.
Keto-Friendly Chaffle Serving Ideas
• Toast Style: Slather the crisp chaffles with butter or nut butter to relish a yummy snack.
• Sandwich: Make a delicious breakfast sandwich by applying mayonnaise on the keto chaffles and stuffing it with tomato, lettuce, and roast chicken/turkey slices.
• Dip: Try avocado guacamole. Mix mashed avocado with chopped onions, tomatoes, fresh coriander leaves, and minced jalapenos. If using it as a spread, top with juicy tomato slices and crispy bacon.
• Creamy Fruit Topping: Whipped cream and fresh strawberries/raspberries taste excellent.
• Pizza Delight: Top the chaffle with keto-friendly pizza sauce, grated mozzarella/parmesan cheese, and a few pepperoni slices. Broil for a minute in the oven. Serve sprinkled with dried oregano.
• Savory Treat: Apply a generous amount of cream cheese and lay some smoked salmon slices on top.
Sweet & Savoury Chaffle Recipes
Chocolate Chaffle Keto Recipe
Mix an egg with two teaspoons of cream cheese, a teaspoon of monk fruit, a tablespoon of cacao powder, and ¼ tsp vanilla extract. Cook in the hot waffle iron till crisp and enjoy drizzled with ketogenic dark chocolate sauce.
Bacon Chaffle Keto Recipe
Whip up the egg and mix in half a cup of shredded sharp cheese, a teaspoon of almond flour, a teaspoon of sour cream, and a tablespoon of bacon bits. Cook in the preheated waffle iron for 3-4 minutes. Serve them topped with refreshing salsa.
Tips for the Perfect Chaffle Recipe Keto
For a crisp keto chaffle, opt for low-moisture cheese varieties such as cheddar or Swiss cheese. The 365 mozzarella cheese and Sargento mozzarella cheese are some excellent options for low-moisture mozzarella cheese, and they yield a thicker crunchy chaffle.
Xantham gum is a gluten-free thickening agent, and it serves the purpose of gluten and gives the chaffle a light, airy texture. To avoid clumping, sprinkle it evenly on the cheese/dry ingredients and mix. After that, add the wet ingredients and mix again.
Store & Reheat
Before storing, let the keto chaffles cool entirely. Then, please place them in an air-tight container & keep them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Place a chaffle (cooked & cooled) in a dish and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Put it into a zip-lock freezer-safe bag and store it in the freezer.
- Place a piece of parchment paper between each chaffle to save them from sticking together.
Reheat your chaffles quickly in the toaster or air fryer. Reheating in the microwave requires each chaffle to be wrapped in a damp paper towel and takes about 30-60 seconds.
Why use blanched almond flour in the keto chaffle recipe?
Blanched almond flour is attained from peeled almonds, a more delicate powder, sweeter and lighter in color. Additionally, using it yields a light and fluffy textured chaffle.
Can the keto chaffles be enjoyed with honey?
No. Honey is a high-carb and high-calorie ingredient which is best avoided when following a keto diet. Moreover, jams, jellies, and marmalade are also high in carbs and contain sugar and various unhealthy ingredients like sucralose. Therefore, instead of these, top your chaffles with sugar-free syrups.
Note: Using a regular-sized waffle iron will make 1 Chaffle.
Serving: 1 Mini Chaffle
Calories: 349 | Total Carbs: 4.76g | Net Carbs: 3.26g | Fat: 27.72g | Protein: 21.21g | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 1.28g | Sodium: 423mg | Cholesterol: 230mg
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Avocado oil spray
- Heat a mini waffle iron for 5 minutes.
- Crack the egg into a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Add the cheese, almond flour, and baking powder. Combine nicely.
- Spray the avocado oil on the hot grills of the waffle iron. Place ¼ cup of the batter and close the lid.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until you see no steam from the waffle iron. It indicates that the chaffles are cooked.
- Remove the chaffle into a wire rack to cool. Prepare the second chaffle similarly.