If you're on the keto diet and starting to see weight loss results, the next step for you might be to begin a workout program. As you begin that journey, you want to give yourself the best opportunity for success without sabotaging your efforts. To maximize your results, you'll want to get a keto pre-workout that will help to intensify your workouts but won't take you out of ketosis.
This article will look at 5 of the best keto preworkout options on the market today, and we like them!
Thanks to some intensive product research and testing, we can now make pre-workout on the keto diet a lot simpler to decide.
First, let's take a look at exactly what a pre-workout is.
What is pre-workout?
Pre-workout supplements also called "pre-workouts," are designed to provide you with energy before exercising. Caffeine is the critical component in the majority of them. These supplements are usually in the form of pills or powder. Some of the chemicals in pre-workout supplements may benefit your health and workouts. However, the supplements may have adverse effects, which should be brought to your attention.
What Pre-Workout Supplements Do You Take Before Your Workout?
You take the supplement before your workout. Its goal is to assist you in recovering from strenuous exercise and reducing weariness.
The following are some typical pre-workout ingredients:
Caffeine; According to the manufacturers, pre-workouts may help you stay focused, provide you energy, and increase your overall performance. High doses of caffeine are the central element in these claims.
The caffeine content in pre-workout supplements ranges from 150 mg to 300 mg per serving. This is around three cups of coffee, and that's a lot of information. If you're caffeine sensitive, try taking a lower dose or looking for natural alternatives to enhance your energy before a workout.
Beta-alanine: This substance is intended to assist you in doing high-intensity activities. It may aid in the buffering of your muscles after strenuous workouts. In sprinters, beta-alanine has been demonstrated to reduce fatigue and improve recovery.
Creatine: When paired with exercise, it aids in the development of strength. Creatine replenishes your ATP reserves, giving your muscles the energy to contract. Creatine may also help in the development of lean body mass.
Amino acids: The building blocks of proteins. Pre-workout supplements with branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) may help you gain muscle mass. Research has shown that BCAA help to aid muscular development and repair muscle damage after a strenuous exercise.
Let's see what the most effective keto pre-workout options are!
1. Onnit Shroom TECH Sport - Our top keto-friendly preworkout pick!
Onnit Shroom TECH Sport gets our top rating because we feel it is one of the most natural pre-workout supplement alternatives.
It promises to improve athletic performance while still supplying critical vitamins, so many people think it's the most outstanding supplement for a ketogenic or low-carb diet.
How Onit Shroom TECH Sport keto preworkout fares:
Taste: Capsules so not reviewed
Ingredient Quality: 5.0
Overall Score: 4.8
What we like about TECH Sport as a preworkout on keto
- It's safe to take regularly to boost your energy levels.
- Natural substances are said to improve athletic performance in the gym.
- It contains a significant amount of vitamin B12.
- Instead of a pre-workout drink, it comes in easy-to-store capsules.
What we didn't like about TECH Sport keto-friendly pre-workout
- Take four capsules at least 45 minutes before your exercise. Keep in mind that this pre-workout is in the form of 4 capsules per dosage, not a liquid.
2. BPI Sports 1.M.R. Vorex Pre-Workout Supplement - Our Runner-up keto-friendly preworkout pick!
BPI claims not only to raise energy levels during workouts, but it may also help you go into ketosis. This might be advantageous, particularly in the early stages of the dreaded keto flu.
Because of the high caffeine content, it's not a good idea to take this pre-workout later in the day.
How BPI Sports 1.M.R. Ketogenic Pre-Workout Supplement preworkout for keto fares:
Ingredient Quality: 4.5
Overall Score: 4.7
What we like about BPI Sports 1.M.R. Ketogenic Pre-Workout Supplement
- It claims to help you go into ketosis.
- Many claims of improved attention and motivation
- Zero calories from carbohydrates and just 40 calories from fat
- Delicious flavors, with blue lemon ice topping the list.
What we didn't like about BPI Sports 1.M.R. Ketogenic Pre-Workout Supplement
- Because of the high caffeine content, it's best to avoid taking it later in the day. This pre-workout is best taken first thing in the morning to give you that additional boost of energy throughout your exercise.
3. Cellucor C4 Original Pre-Workout - 3rd Place in the keto preworkout arena!
Cellucor C4 Original Pre-Workout seems to be popular among bodybuilders searching for enhanced blood flow and greater pumps. It also contains vitamins that may aid in muscle regeneration and recuperation.
The company produces a variety of health supplements that are widely regarded as among the finest on the market. Their assertions, as well as the internet reviews, substantiate this.
How Cellucor C4 Original Pre-Workout for keto fares:
Ingredient Quality: 4.7
Overall Score: 4.7
What we like about Cellucor C4 Original Pre-Workout Supplement
- There are no carbohydrates or calories to interfere with your ketosis, and it has a healthy amount of vitamins C and B12 for muscular function.
- Caffeine in moderation may help with mental clarity.
- There are a variety of delectable and refreshing tastes to choose from.
- This is a great pre-workout for keto dieters since it has no carbohydrates.
What we didn't like about Cellucor C4 Original Pre-Workout Supplement
- It's possible that the creatine content is greater
- Although it contains creatine, you may want to consume an additional scoop of powder for more effective dosage.
4. Perfect Keto Perform Pre Workout - Strong 4th Place in the preworkout for keto race!
Beta-Hydroxybutyrate and MCTs are included in this Keto Preworkout Drink to provide additional energy to power workouts. Keto Perform includes substances that have been scientifically shown to boost strength and endurance during workouts. Perfect for individuals who want to stay on the ketogenic diet but don't want to eat all the junk food. The 5g MCT, which is quickly absorbed for an energy boost, is excellent for increasing ketones for fuel for any sort of training.
Green tea provides a natural caffeine boost that promotes longer alertness throughout exercises, so you'll have more energy when you go to the gym. When compared to standard pre-workout preparations, this one contains less caffeine.
How Perfect Keto Perform Pre Workout fares:
Ingredient Quality: 5.0
Overall Score: 4.4
What we like about Perfect Keto Perform Pre Workout Supplement
- Tastes refreshing and delicious. When I drank some of the other pre-workouts I used to take, they tasted like medication. This isn't the case.
- Greater energy and increased attention. You will notice a considerable gain in energy and attention, which is more than I had anticipated.
- The energy increase isn't overpowering, and it won't make you jittery or unpleasant.
- Because it contains beta-alanine, you will get a pleasant "pins and needles" sensation around 20 minutes after drinking it.
- There was no crash after taking it. I didn't crash and felt terrific for hours after taking it.
What we didn't like about Perfect Keto Perform Pre Workout Supplement
- Our only criticism of the product is that, although the flavor is pleasant on its own, we would not combine it with anything other than cold water. We tried it both in a smoothie and on its own, and it's much superior on its own.
4. Honey Badger Pre-Workout Powder - Rounding Out the Top 5 Best Keto Pre-Workout List!
Honey Badger pre-workout is low sugar before exercise is a clean, fast-absorbing, and readily digested energy supplement. Use throughout your exercise, after your workout, or whenever you need an energy boost or a fast pick-me-up.
How Honey Badger Pre-Workout Powder fares:
Ingredient Quality: 4.5
Overall Score: 4.4
What we like about Honey Badger Pre-Workout Powder
- Zero Calories, Sugar, and Carbohydrates = Zero Crash: It's made with natural stevia leaf extract and noncaloric components, so it won't become addictive or cause you to crash mid- or post-workout. So you can maintain your momentum.
- Natural Sweeteners: No artificial sweeteners or colors, so you can be sure you're not putting anything bad into your body. It comes in unrivaled flavors for a very unique taste. Formulas that have been GMP and third-party tested, optimized, and are multipurpose, with full disclosure of active ingredients on the label.
- Formulation with Science: Vegan, feel-good ingredients that help you conquer your objectives, gain muscle, and increase strength and endurance. Nootropics N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, Caffeine Anhydrous (From Natural Plants), Pterostilbene, and Vitamin C, as well as amino acids L-Citrulline Malate 3:1 and 1,600mg Beta-Alanine.
What we didn't like about Honey Badger Pre-Workout Powder
- This is a decent preworkout. It has a nice flavor (lemon-lime) and isn't too thick. It gives out a good amount of energy without causing any crashes or shaking.
Pre-Workout Supplements: How to Use Them
Before using a pre-workout supplement, see your doctor, particularly if you have any medical concerns or are taking any medications. They'll let you know whether using these supplements is risky. If they give you the go-ahead, here are some pointers on how to make the most of it:
Twenty minutes before you exercise, do a pre-workout. This allows the vitamins to take effect.
Taking pre-workout regularly has been found in studies to have better results than utilizing it just once in a while. It aids in the accumulation of the significant elements in your body. Your exercises may last longer after three weeks, and you may feel less exhausted during and after them.